Monday, August 15, 2011

summer summer where all the girls bear olive shoulders

Well,
who knew i'd be such a terrible blogger?!?!
I haven't posted anything in forever ever!

This summer has been quite the adventure. Texas is....not as glorious as all the Texans believe! Its hot and sticky and the people here are...interesting. They're very protective of their spaces. You're lucky if you get a head-nod hello. It sure is different than what we're used to, but isn't that the point of adventuring?
Blake has done really well this summer and we really have had a fun time.
Some of our summer adventures have included (but are not limited to):
Red Sox/Astros Game!
The Minute Maid Stadium is ridiculous! It is indoors and is air conditioned.


Golfing!
Blake is a pretty slick golfer (i mostly just drive the golf cart....)

SeaWorld!
Yes, we are petting dolphins!!!

Blake's 23rd birthday!
We celebrated like kids :)





Visiting the Alamo!

River Walk in San Antonio!
We got super lost and ended up on the wrong side of the city at night! I was scared to death. There were crazy hobos and gangsters. We ended up just flagging down a taxi when we realized we were so lost!
Lots of dinner dates!!!
My mom came to visit and we took a trip to Galveston Island!
It was sooo beautiful and beachy!




Most of my days were spent leisurely soaking up sun and a good novel by the pool.
Talk about a Princess summer.
I was completely useless!
But.
I read some dang good books.
If you're searching for a good read, here are just a few that i read the last few months:


The Chronicles of Narnia
Eat, Pray, Love
The Help
These is My Words
The Glass Castle (minus a few pages my mother edited by ripping out)
The History of Love
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Chrestomanci Chronicles
The Books of Pellinor

My reading list was quite diverse and rather scintillating.

Next summer, if we do this job again, im getting a part time job at least! I went stir crazzzzzy!!!
I did find the greatest two stores in the universe though.
The first is H-E-B.
Its like a  gourmet grocery store!
The second is Charming Charlie.
The best  accessory slash clothing store ever. If there was a way for me to franchise one in Utah, i totally would. And I'd make millions.

We're pretty excited to get back to Cedar.
I never thought i'd be so excited to get back to that teeny tiny speck, but its growing on me, I guess.
I mean where else can you go scootering and fire making and camping and swimming and outdoorsing and schooling and Wal mart shopping?
Probably many places, actually.
But.
Regardless, Cedar City is growing on me.

School is going to be quite the craziness this semester!
Blake and I both have 18 credits.
Im sure to him it will seem like nothing compared to knocking on doors in hot, humid Houston.
as for me, ill just be glad to feel like im acutally doing something worthwhile!!!

Only 3 days left and we'll be headed home!
Tomorrow i shall pack.
Wednesday im going to an audition for the show the Voice! Cross your fingers for me!
and Thursday.......GLORIOUS Thursday....we will be on our way home!!!

Can i get a WOOT WOOT?



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh good luck with the Voice!! You'll do awesome. I love you :)

    ReplyDelete